"We need scary women characters. Men hit women, cheat on women and frankly they are mouthier than ever nowadays. ‘Calm down’, ‘settle down’, ‘listen you bitch’ etc. They think if they hit their wives they will become submissive and afraid. Worse yet - they think that women SHOULD be afraid of men and should be submissive. They think it’s in woman’s nature to be submissive and fragile. And thanks to Gillian Flynn they can now see that sometimes woman’s nature is to be vindictive, righteous and very, very sly. There is nothing misogynistic in saying some women are evil. It would be misogynistic to say they are weak. And neither of the female characters in Gone Girl is weak."
- Cinematic Corner’s On audience’s misogyny, Amy Dunne, the Cool Girl myth and the brilliance of Gillian Flynn (x)
Anaconda is a subtle movie, and Jon Voight delivers what is perhaps its most nuanced performance. It’s really a shocker when we find out this guy is evil.
do you ever get attached to like one line or phrase from a song and it holds so much meaning to you but no one else understands how powerful those few words are to you
Steal Her Style: Jan Skylar
Miu Miu cropped cotton trousers ($595)
J. Crew crepe blouse ($110)
Clarins coral lipstick ($31)
Chanel Vintage Boxy woven jacket ($4,163)
Maison Martin Line 8 glasses ($456)
Imagine Hannibal Lecter in an AU where Kill Bill Sirens play every time anyone offends him.
corporeality is a scam. text “GET ME OUTTA THIS THING” to 1-800-SHITBODY and “find the new you” as
- spectral radience (orb only) on amateur romanian ghosthunter’s camcorder footage
- repeating fragment of text (specify, keep it PG please) on eerie green computer display in abandoned russian nuclear silo
- otherworldly energy blast from hero’s eyes, hands
- just a normal, casual ghost. jeans, graphic tshirt. take it easy.
- screaming skull launched from villain’s screaming skull launcher (the launcher is screaming too)
- an itching, jagged memory, buried too deep to be parsed consciously, bedeviling exlover unto death (specify which)
what is this weird ass note I made at 3:19 am last night